Tagged with 'intermittent catheters'
When your doctor first prescribes an intermittent catheter, they will match you with the best type of catheter to suit your personal needs. There are many different types of catheters, and it may take trying a few different types before finding the one that is most comfortable and effective for your specific needs.
10 Lessons about Incontinence from Trudy Triumph
Hi, Aeroflow family! Allow me to introduce myself. I blog at Trudy Triumph and I have written a book titled Beyond Embarrassment: Reclaiming your Life with Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel.
I have neurogenic bladder and bowel and use a catheter about 6 times a day and my bowel sometimes gets me into trouble. I hope that the tips I write will give you comfort.
I learned these 10 important lessons.
- If I fell on the playground and my mouth bled, few noticed unless I screamed loud. This blog is my scream-loud tactic.
- Even if kids saw my scabby lip, they didn’t care. Now I keep quiet about my medical condition unless someone shows interest.
- If a kid tried to push me and I could get away with it, I pushed back. Now think about this folks, writing a book about personal bowel and bladder dysfunction is a set up for a big put down by the prim and proper folks. Trudy Triumph and Beyond Embarrassment are my written push back attempts. WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS!
- My friends did not care until I gave them a reason to care. When my friend Adrian and I ran for Sargent-at-Arms, we won because candy helped. This blog and the book I wrote is your gift from me, like the candy, and hopefully your gift to others as well.
- To get a friend, you need to be a friend. Friends pass the day very well indeed.
- Scabbed lips make good school pictures. I am forever grateful that I had a mom who celebrated my imperfections. I was raised to not run away from the painful.
- It does not pay to lie, you get caught anyway. I had to decide early on who I was writing for. Patients are my target audience. Sometimes I write about things that perhaps the medical profession would not like. That is ok because I am a single person and this blog is a voice of a patient, not a “paid to sell” or a tactic to sway you a way I would not go myself.
- When I bragged few cared. But if I was real, I was shown empathy. This one needs no explanation.
- If a kid is stinky, the bullying satisfaction only lasts a short time. Bullies grow up to have problems of their own.
- It made no sense to try to please the popular girl because she was not my friend anyway. Do you know the most popular nonfiction books are cookbooks? I hate to cook. Right now, you are my friends because we are interested in this topic. I feel fulfilled doing this, popular or not.
Beyond Embarrassment has been recognized as a “very powerful and important book . . . an impressive achievement” by Jonathan Kirsch, Attorney.
Information provided on the Aeroflow Urology blog is not intended as a substitute to medical advice or care. Aeroflow recommends consulting your healthcare provider if you are experiencing medical issues relating to incontinence.
With Medicare’s ever-changing guidelines for coverage and reimbursement, people often have trouble knowing the specifics of what is covered through their Medicare plan. This is particularly evident in continence care products, given the wide variety of catheters available. Whether you need an intermittent catheter, an external catheter, or a Foley catheter, Aeroflow Urology can assist you with all of your continence care needs.