How to Get Free Incontinence Products Through Virginia Medicaid

A city in Virginia

The Virginia Medicaid program is a state-run health insurance option for kids, seniors, adults, and individuals with disabilities.

Can I Get Incontinence Products Through Virginia Medicaid?

Yes, if you meet the qualifications required by Virginia Medicaid. Virginia currently provides incontinence products for both children (3+) and adults as one of the medically necessary items under its Medicaid coverage.

Depending on your particular Medicaid coverage under Virginia Medicaid, children may be eligible to receive:

Check Your Eligibility

In 2 easy steps!

From catheters to pediatric and adult bladder control supplies, discover the continence care essentials covered by your insurance.

Have your insurance card ready!

Adult Medicaid recipients may qualify to receive a combination of:

  • Protective underwear (pull-ons).
  • Adult briefs (adult diapers).
  • Disposable underpads (chux).
  • Bladder control pads.
  • Booster pads.
  • Gloves

Medicaid-covered incontinence products are provided through managed Medicaid health plans that vary by state. Unfortunately, Medicare does not cover incontinence products. However, Medicare does typically cover catheters.

What Is Required?

To be approved for incontinence supplies under Virginia Medicaid you, or your loved one must have the following items. An Aeroflow Urology Continence Care Specialist will help you gather all of this necessary information.

  • The medical reason for needing supplies.
  • The estimated amount of supplies needed per day (i.e. 2 adult briefs, 1 disposable underpad, etc.).
  • Must have a qualifying medical need, such as Parkinson’s Disease, Down syndrome, etc.
  • Children must be 3 years of age or older.
  • Must be enrolled in a Virginia Medicaid plan.
  • Depending your insurance, a signed Certificate of Medical Necessity (documented proof from your doctor within the last 6 months that your items are medically necessary) and / or a prescription from your healthcare provider.

Medicaid Managed Care Plans

If you or your loved one is eligible for Medicaid in Virginia, you may receive Medicaid through the following insurance providers:

  • Medicaid
  • VA Premier.
  • United Healthcare.
  • Optima Family Care.
  • Anthem Healthkeepers.
  • Molina Complete Care.
  • Kaiser Permanente.
  • Aetna Better Health.

How to Get Incontinence Products With Aeroflow Urology & Virginia Medicaid

Aeroflow Urology understands that getting continence care products through insurance can be confusing. That's why we take the stress out of the process by:

  • Navigating hard-to-understand insurance paperwork and requirements by doing the paperwork for you!
  • Sending you free samples of incontinence products before you order, so you'll be protected against leaks and fit for your unique needs.
  • Shipping your supplies right to your door in discreet packaging every single month. 
  • Reminding you when it's time to refill your supplies so you never run out. 

See if you or your loved one qualifies in just 5 minutes with our Eligibility Form. 

Where Can I Find My Insurance Information?

When you fill out our Eligibility Form to determine whether your insurance plan will cover your free incontinence products, you'll need your Medicaid or other insurance card. Insurance cards may look different depending on the state you live in and the type of insurance you have (Virginia Medicaid or a Medicaid managed care plan), but you can find the following on your card:

  • Full name of the insured person.
  • The member ID number (Medicaid ID number).
  • The plan name.

If you have questions regarding your insurance information, you can call the number on the card for beneficiaries.

I Don't Qualify. What Can I Do?

1. Make Sure You Fill Out Our Form Correctly.

If you are filling out the Eligibility Form for a child or loved one, be sure you're entering their insurance information and not your own. We need to determine if they are covered under Virginia Medicaid and this helps us do so. 

2. Head to a Diaper Bank In Your State.

You may be able to go to your local diaper bank or a diaper drive to get free products. Low-income families may qualify for free diapers through a diaper program, along with other healthcare products, including those that protect against adult incontinence and pediatric incontinence. Diaper distributions may offer:

  • Adult briefs.
  • Adult pull-ups (protective underwear)
  • Kids’ diapers.
  • Kids’ pull-ons.

Visit the Northern Virginia Diaper Bank. 


  • Does Medicaid have to be my primary insurance provider?

    Incontinence products can be provided for any beneficiaries who have Medicaid as their primary or secondary provider.

  • How many supplies does Medicaid cover per month?

    The number of briefs, pull-ups, and other supplies you receive will depend on what is allowed by your particular state’s Medicaid plan as well as your prescription. Your specialist will let you know exactly the quantity you are eligible to receive.

  • I have Medicaid – so why don’t I qualify for supplies?

    You should have received an email outlining why you or your child was not approved for supplies. The reason could be one of the following:

    • Aeroflow Urology is not in network with your Medicaid plan, or our contract may not allow us to provide the supplies you are requesting.
    • You may not meet your insurance provider’s age requirement.
    • Incontinence supplies are not a covered item under your Medicaid plan.
    • You or your child’s disability may not be a qualifying condition under your plan.
  • I submitted my information. When will I know if I’m approved?

    One of our dedicated Continence Care specialists will contact you via phone or email within 1-2 business days of submitting your information. If it has been longer than this time frame, please give us a call at 844-276-5588 and we would be happy to check into your account and provide an update. Our office is open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm ET.

  • What about a prescription? Can Aeroflow help?

    Medicaid requires a prescription in order to cover continence care products. If you do not have a prescription for you or your child, your Continence Care Specialist will reach out to your doctor directly for the paperwork.

  • I have Medicare. Why don’t I qualify for incontinence supplies?

    Unfortunately, Medicare does not currently deem incontinence products as “medically necessary” so they do not cover supplies. However, they may cover your catheters.


Information provided on the Aeroflow Urology blog is not intended as a substitute to medical advice or care from a healthcare professional. Aeroflow recommends consulting your healthcare provider if you are experiencing medical issues relating to incontinence.