Can I Receive Incontinence Supplies Through Illinois Medicaid?
Illinois Medicaid is a state-run health insurance option for adults, children, senior citizens, and individuals with disabilities living in Illinois. Illinois currently provides incontinence supplies for both children and adults as one of the medically necessary items under its Medicaid coverage. Under Illinois Medicaid, Medicaid recipients may qualify to receive a combination of protective underwear, briefs (adult diapers), disposable underpads, bladder control pads (Poise pads), and gloves. Wipes are not covered by Illinois Medicaid.
Medicaid covered incontinence products are provided through managed Medicaid plans that vary by state.
Incontinence Supplies Requirements for Illinois Medicaid Recipients
To be approved for incontinence supplies under your Illinois Medicaid program you must have the following items. Our Continence Care Specialists will help you gather all of the below necessary information and help collect all necessary paperwork.
- Documented proof within the last six months that the items are considered medically necessary by a physician (certificate of medical necessity).
- The medical reason for needing supplies (urge incontinence, spinal cord injury, autism, etc).
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day. Your healthcare provider, or a Bladder Diary, can assist in determining the amount of products you use each day. For example, you may use 3 adult briefs per day and 2 underpads. This number will help determine how many products you need per month. Our Continence Care Specialists will also review different absorbency levels to best fit your unique needs.
How to Qualify for Incontinence Supplies from Illinois Medicaid:
- Must have a qualifying medical need, such as Autism, Diabetes, Parkinson’s Disease, Down Syndrome, etc.
- Children must be 4 or older.
- Must be enrolled in an Illinois Medicaid plan.
How to Get Incontinence Supplies Through Medicaid
Your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will verify your coverage and handle the paperwork required for your health plan and prescription.
We work with you to help find the right mix of products to fit your individual needs - whether you, or your loved one, need pull-ons, catheters, or bladder control pads.
After confirmation of Medicaid benefits, we discreetly package and ship products directly to your home each month.
To check your eligibility for coverage of our high-quality products, submit your insurance information through our quick, easy form and your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will contact you via phone or email in 1-2 business days with an update on your coverage.
Aeroflow Urology understands that incontinence products can become costly very quickly, and we want you and your loved ones to feel dry and protected in your medical supplies.
Information provided on the Aeroflow Urology website is not intended as a substitute for medical advice or care from a healthcare professional. Aeroflow recommends consulting your healthcare provider if you are experiencing medical issues relating to incontinence.