Can I Receive Incontinence Supplies Through Ohio Medicaid?
Ohio Medicaid is a state-run insurance option for adults, children, senior citizens, and individuals with disabilities living in Ohio. Ohio currently provides incontinence products for both children and adults as one of the medically necessary items under its Medicaid coverage of medical supplies. Under Ohio Medicaid, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of pull-ups (pull-ons or protective underwear), adult briefs (adult diapers), underpads, bladder pads (Poise pads), and gloves. Unfortunately, wipes are not covered by Ohio Medicaid.
Medicaid covered incontinence products are provided to Medicaid recipients through managed Medicaid plans that vary by state. Unfortunately, Medicare does not currently cover incontinence supplies.
Incontinence Supplies Requirements for Ohio Medicaid
To be approved for incontinence supplies under Ohio Medicaid you must have the following items. An Aeroflow Urology Specialist will help you gather all of this necessary information when checking your eligibility.
- Documented proof within the last six months that the items are considered medically necessary by a healthcare provider.
- The medical reason for needing supplies. Often, this will be a Certificate of Medical Necessity. Your Continence Care Specialist will help obtain this from your healthcare provider.
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day (i.e. 4 bladder control pads used daily, in addition to 2 disposable underpads).
How to Qualify for Incontinence Supplies from Ohio Medicaid:
- Must have a qualifying medical need, such as Autism, Diabetes, Parkinson’s Disease, Down Syndrome, etc.
- Children must be 4 or older.
- Must be enrolled in a Ohio Medicaid plan.
How To Get Incontinence Supplies Through Ohio Medicaid
Your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will verify your coverage and handle the paperwork required for Medicaid benefits. We will work with you to help find the right mix of products to fit your, or your loved one's, individual needs.
The process is simple and the best part is you don't need to leave your house-- it all happens through your mobile device or computer.
First, fill out our qualify form to see if you're eligible.
After confirmation of benefits and supplies, we will discreetly package and ship high-quality products directly to your home each month. Simply provide your health insurance information through our quick, easy form and your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will contact you via phone or email in 1-2 business days with an update on your coverage.
Information provided on the Aeroflow Urology website is not intended as a substitute to medical advice or care from a healthcare professional. Aeroflow recommends consulting your healthcare provider if you are experiencing medical issues relating to incontinence.