Can I Receive Incontinence Supplies Through South Carolina Medicaid?
South Carolina Medicaid is a state-run insurance option for adults, children, senior citizens, and individuals with disabilities living in South Carolina. South Carolina currently provides incontinence products for both children and adult Medicaid recipients as one of the medically necessary items under its Medicaid coverage.
Under South Carolina Medicaid, individuals may qualify to receive a combination of pull-ups (pull-ons / protective underwear), briefs (adult diapers), disposable underpads, bladder control pads, wipes, and gloves. Unfortunately, Medicare will not cover incontinence products, but Medicare will cover catheters.
Incontinence Supplies Requirements for South Carolina Medicaid
Check Your Eligibility
In 2 easy steps!
From catheters to pediatric and adult bladder control supplies, discover the continence care essentials covered by your insurance.
To be approved for incontinence supplies under South Carolina's Medicaid program you must have the following items. A Continence Care Specialist will help you gather all of this necessary information for you or your loved one.
- Documented proof within the last six months that the items are considered medically necessary by a physician.
- The medical reason for needing supplies (certificate of medical necessity).
- The estimated amount of supplies needed per day. For example, 5 adult briefs per day.
- Pre-approval of incontinence supplies from your provider (prior authorization).
How to Qualify for Incontinence Supplies Through South Carolina Medicaid Benefits:
- Must have a qualifying medical need, such as autism, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Down syndrome, etc.
- Children must be 4 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled in a South Carolina Medicaid plan.
How to Get Incontinence Supplies Through South Carolina Medicaid
At Aeroflow Urology, your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will verify your coverage and handle the paperwork required for Medicaid. We work with you to help find the right mix of high-quality products to fit your individual needs. After confirmation of your health insurance benefits and supplies, we discreetly package and ship products directly to your home each month.
Simply provide your insurance information through our quick, easy form and your dedicated Continence Care Specialist will contact you via phone or email in 1-2 business days with an update on your coverage.
Information provided on the Aeroflow Urology blog is not intended as a substitute to medical advice or care from a healthcare professional. Aeroflow recommends consulting your healthcare provider if you are experiencing medical issues relating to incontinence.