What if you didn't have access to a toilet?
What if you had to choose between your home or your health?
What if your water made you sick?
What if you had to choose between keeping your loved one's underwear clean or keeping the lights on?
These are the realities of the Diaper Divide.
What Is the Diaper Divide?
The Diaper Divide is a pressing health issue in the United States that continues to pose difficulties for those dealing with bladder and bowel control conditions, commonly referred to as incontinence. Incontinence is characterized by the unintentional release of urine or feces, and individuals affected by this condition often rely on various products like adult briefs, diapers, protective underwear, or bladder control pads to manage their leakage.
However, incontinence products can be expensive, and the lack of access and affordability to essential incontinence products hinders individuals from leading healthy and fulfilling lives. Similar to medication and clean water, incontinence products are a basic human necessity. Without these supplies, those in need of supplies experience a decreased quality of life due to poor hygiene, health risks, mental health issues, and financial strains.
Why Does the Diaper Divide Exist?
- Rising cost of diapers. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the cost of diapers rose almost 9%.
- Lack of federal assistance programs. Government assistance programs meant to help and support those who require diapers and other incontinence supplies don't always allow recipients to purchase these products with their allocated funds.
- Increasing living costs. The cost of living continues to rise and many in the Diaper Divide cannot afford basic necessities and incontinence supplies out of pocket.
- Poverty levels. Thousands of families in the US are living below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), and many children are born into poverty, increasing every individual's risk of developing incontinence and living without protective products.
- Increased need for incontinence products. Some states’ diaper banks experienced significant increases in requests for incontinence products due to the pandemic.
- Costs of caring for those with disabilities. It can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise a child with special needs from birth to adulthood, and caring for someone with a disability throughout their lifetime can cost millions.
Delve into the Diaper Divide! Download and read our white paper, "Acknowledging the Unseen Diaper Divide: Incontinence Product Access for All People." Understand the reasons the Diaper Divide has gotten worse for those with incontinence and read more about what you can do to help end incontinence product need.
Who Does the Diaper Divide Affect?
- Infants and young children.
- Older children and teenagers.
- Adults and seniors.
- Individuals with special needs and medical conditions that cause incontinence.
- Parents, caregivers, and family members.
To shed light on the impact of incontinence product need on the lives of those managing the condition, Aeroflow Urology conducted a comprehensive survey involving over 1,000 individuals directly experiencing incontinence or caring for someone who has the condition. The results vividly illustrate the far-reaching implications of this issue within the incontinence community.
What the Medical Experts are Saying
Read Our Blogs
Help Close the Diaper Divide
Sign our petition that aims to expand insurance coverage for incontinence products for people of all ages so that Americans nationwide living with bladder and bowel control conditions can receive their protective supplies through insurance.
Sign now and share with your loved ones and friends on social media!
Advocate for those with incontinence and for those living in need by contacting your local representatives and asking for change! Let them know about the Diaper Divide by directing them to this page and our supporting data.
Share what you know about the Diaper Divide on social media by using the hashtag #DiaperDivide. You can also share your story about living in the Diaper Divide with us here! By sharing you or your loved one's story, you'll help spread awareness about what it's like to live without incontinence products and show people why change is imperative.
If you or someone you know is struggling to afford incontinence products, you can use Aeroflow Urology's services to receive your products 100% covered by insurance. Your eligibility will be based on your specific insurance plan requirements and the state you live in. To discover the adult briefs, pediatric pull-ups, bladder control pads, and other protective products that may be free under your insurance, fill out or secure Eligibility Form. For more information on Aeroflow Urology's process, visit our How It Works page.
Follow Us on Social Media for Diaper Divide Updates
Aeroflow Healthcare & Diaper Tax Elimination in North Dakota
Aeroflow Healthcare & Babies Need Bottoms
Aeroflow Healthcare & Diaper Tax Elimination in Florida
Our Sales Team In Action
States Drop Sales Tax on Diapers
Receive Incontinence Products Through Insurance
Fill out our secure Eligibility Form to find out if you or your loved one qualifies for incontinence products that are 100% covered by insurance!
After submitting your information, our Continence Care Specialist team will reach out to confirm your benefits within 1-2 business days. If you do qualify, you will...
- Choose from a personalized list of medical-grade incontinence products that are completely covered by your insurance plan.
- Receive free samples of incontinence supplies so you can find the perfect fit for your body and incontinence needs.
- Receive free monthly deliveries of your products straight to your door in discreet, unmarked packages.
- Receive friendly reminders when it's time to restock your products through your preferred method of communication so you never run out of supplies.
Check Your Eligibility
2 Easy Steps
From catheters to pediatric and adult incontinence supplies, discover the continence care essentials covered by your insurance.
Helpful Information for Health Plans
Diaper Divide: Health Plan Playbook
Within these pages, we explain how health plans play a pivotal role in addressing the issues of the Diaper Divide. If you have any questions at all, don't hesistate to reach out to Aeroflow Healthcare at email@example.com.