Bladder and bowel leakage can become a part of our daily lives as we age. Incontinence products, like adult diapers, can provide the necessary protection and comfort for seniors who are facing this challenge.
However, finding the perfect adult diaper is not always easy. That's why we’ve created this guide to help.
Whether you’re searching for a diaper for your elderly loved one or for yourself, this guide can help. We’ll look at different types of adult diapers that may be free* through your insurance plan. We’ll also discuss which ones provide the best leakage protection without feeling uncomfortable or bulky.
Is My Loved One Covered?
Find Out In 2 Easy Steps
Discover the briefs for seniors covered by insurance.
What Are Adult Diapers for Seniors?
Seniors’ diapers, also called adult briefs, are incontinence products that are designed with maximum absorbency to protect against urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence. They’re best suited for seniors with heavy to severe leakage.
Seniors' Diaper Features
Sizing is crucial when choosing an adult diaper for your elderly loved one. The wrong size diaper can cause diaper rash, leakage, or bulkiness.
Our Adult Diaper Sizes:
Each size of our adult diapers come with the absorbency level you choose; the absorbency level does not decrease when you drop a size, nor does it increase when you go up a size.
To find your adult diaper size, use our sizing chart.
How to Know If Your Adult Diaper Fits
- The part of the diaper that keeps you dry, called the absorbent core, will rest comfortably on your body.
- The diaper as a whole should fit comfortably around your legs and waist and not feel too tight on those areas.
- The tabs will be facing forward on your hips instead of in the middle of your stomach.
Adult diapers for seniors' adjustable fit is designed to provide ultimate comfort and confidence. The tab-style closures allow for an adjustable waistband size that will fit their body type.
Adult diaper for seniors' materials are highly absorbent. They also control leaks and odors while allowing your loved one's skin to breathe. This can be especially helpful for seniors with sensitive skin, as the materials help to prevent irritation like diaper rash.
Each senior brief comes with odor control that absorbs odors before they start, giving your loved one lasting confidence- no matter what they're doing.
The highly-absorbent core in adult diapers for seniors wicks away moisture which keeps your loved one dry. Each diaper is designed with maximum absorbency so people with heavy to severe leakage can feel confident.
Our Adult Diaper Absorbency Levels
- Moderate absorbency: Moderate leakage (about 3 cups of leakage).
- Heavy absorbency: Heavy to leakage (3.75 cups of leakage).
- Overnight absorbency: Severe fecal leakage or overnight leakage (3.75+ cups of leakage).
Seniors' Diaper Brands
TENA has been rated the number 1 incontinence product provider around the globe. They have over 60 years of experience making adult diapers.
TENA ProSkin Briefs
TENA ProSkin Briefs are incontinence briefs made for those who require protection against heavy to severe incontinence.
- Unisex for men and women
- Insta-Dry Skin Caring system to keep skin dry
- Moisture-proof lining to protect against wet clothes
- Wetness indicator for users and caregivers
- Hook fasteners for refastening
Prevail incontinence products are made with comfort, skin health, absorbency, and discretion in mind. They make a range of products such as bladder control pads and adult protective underwear.
Prevail Air Overnight Briefs
Prevail Air Overnight Briefs are made for people with severe overnight leakage.
- Unisex for men and women
- Cloth-like outer fabric
- Advanced Zoning System to absorb leaks
- Breathable fabric for skin comfort
- Skin Smart Fabric for skin health
Attends offers a variety of incontinence care products- from adult absorbent underwear to pediatric pull-ups.
Prevail Air Overnight Briefs
Attends Bariatric Briefs are made with heavy leakage protection for individuals who require larger sizes. These briefs are best for individuals with heavy to severe leakage.
- Sizes 2XL-3XL (70-100” waist)
- Absorbent core for maximum absorbency
- Wider tabs for a secure fit
- ConfidenceCuff Protection for leak protection
Seniors' Diapers Free* Through Medicaid
Your loved one may qualify to get their briefs covered by insurance with Aeroflow Urology. If you use our services, we guarantee that 5 things will happen that will make living with incontinence much easier.
- You won’t have to read through pages of insurance paperwork. We do all of that for you. The only thing you need to fill out is our secure 2-step Eligibility Form. It takes under 5 minutes and all you need is your loved one's insurance card. The form can also be completed from your phone, computer, or tablet, making qualifying easy.
- You’ll be able to speak with real humans. Our staff of highly-trained Continence Care Specialists are available for you to chat, email, or call whenever you have a question about insurance, deliveries, orders, or products.
- You’ll save money. By qualifying for our services, your loved one's briefs will be free* through their insurance plan. Our customers report saving anywhere from $50-$200+ every month when they use Aeroflow Urology.
- You won’t have to go to the store for diapers. When you use Aeroflow Urology, you’ll get products delivered right to your home. We deliver supplies every month for free.
- You’ll get free diaper samples before confirming your order. No more getting home and realizing the brief you bought for your loved one isn't suiting their needs; We ensure they get the right diaper by sending them free diaper samples before ordering.
Other Products Free* Through Medicaid
We offer other incontinence products that may be free* through Medicaid, including:
- Underpads (chux)
- Booster pads
- Incontinence pads
- Adult protective underwear
- Pediatric diapers
- Pediatric pull-ups
- Gloves and wipes
*Medicaid coverage varies by state. Submitting your info is not a guarantee of benefit.